The chair offers a master's thesis which deals with the use of facial recognition programs in the health care sector (as of May 2020). The concrete goal is the preparation of a study, which evaluates the ethical preferences on the use of AI technologies in respect of health crises. If you are interested in conducting the study, please contact email@example.com.
Here you find an overview about concrete research questions relating to business ethics.
Besides, you can orient yourselves to the following master thesis supervised by our colleagues from the IEAI.
Master theses at the Institute for Ethics in Artificial Intelligence (IEAI):
- Understanding the Risks of AI-Systems: A Risk Management Approach
- Understanding Risks: The Impact of Risk Perception on Trust and Acceptability of AI-Systems
- Distributing Responsibility Depending on Risk Management Choices: The Users' Perspective
- Assessment of Requirements and Challenges of the Responsibility Distribution in AI-based Systems from a Management Perspective
- Risk and Responsibility Distribution within AI Systems: A Comparison between different Use Cases
Topics related to autonomous driving:
- Transparency and decision-visualization of a planning algorithm in the field of autonomous driving
- Explainability of a reinforcement learning (RL) planning algorithm in the field of autonomous driving
- Analysis of suitable methods for explaining artificial intelligence in the field of autonomous trajectory planning
- Implementation and Analysis of a Tool to adjust driving behavior of an autonomous vehicle
In case of interest or question, please refer to Auxane Boch (firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com) .
Master theses in business ethics
When choosing a more general topic, you can orient yourself on the following areas of research:
- Ethical Assessment of Economic Interaction with Repressive Regimes
- Artificial Intelligence and Its Ethical Challenges
- ESG Ratings and their methodology
- Global supply chain legislation
Moreover, you can send your own proposals to the scientific staff of the chair (firstname.lastname@example.org). Before you start writing, we recommend you to familiarize yourself with the basics of academic writing before beginning with your thesis. Please click here for further information about our citation guidelines.